Mahi Mahi Ceviche
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless mahi mahi, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Combine cubed halibut, lime juice, lemon juice, tequila, minced jalapeno peppers, and 1 diced mango in a non-metallic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- After the ceviche has sat for 1 1/2 hours, add the green pepper, sweet onion, and red onion. Mix well, then recover and refrigerate another 30 minutes.
- Fold in the remaining diced mango, cilantro, and parsley; season to taste with salt before serving.
4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 T mayo
3 T fresh lime juice
2 chopped jalapenos
Thinly slice cabbage, dice green onions, chop jalapenos, and wash, dry and chop cilantro. Combine cabbage, green onions, jalapenos, and cilantro in large salad bowl.
In small bowl, whisk together mayo and lime juice.
Use a wooden spoon to mix dressing into cabbage mixture. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately, or chill for a few hours.