8 each Chef’s Garden Beets (Substitute from local farmers)
1 bunch watercress
3 each oranges (segmented and reserve juice)
½ cup Maytag Bleu Cheese (or any quality brand bleu cheese)
¼ cup champagne vinegar
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Cracked black pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Roast beets at 400 degrees for approx. 1 hour or until fork tender. Remove skin when complete.
2. Rinse watercress, towel dry and remove large stems.
3. Segment oranges and reserve juice for vinaigrette.
4. Prepare 2 dressings, one orange, and one with vinegar. Salt and pepper both.
5. Toss beets in Dijon vinaigrette and combine with blue cheese.
6. Toss watercress with orange segments and orange vinaigrette.
7. Plate beets and top with watercress salad.
Courtesy: The Ripple Inn