A store-bought cake mix baked in a Bundt pan is the trick to a spooky Ghoulish Halloween Cake. Get your creative juices flowing by decorating your very own edible pumpkin that'll be the hit of your monster bash.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food or any flavor cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 (16-ounce) containers white frosting
- Red, yellow, and green food colors
- 1 flat-bottom ice cream cone
- Candy corn for garnish
- Decorating gel for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray; pour in prepared batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes; let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and invert onto platter; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir white frosting with a few drops of red and yellow food colors, until frosting reaches desired orange color. Set aside 1/4 cup orange frosting in a small bowl and add a drop of green food color to make desired brown color. Place ice cream cone upside down on waxed paper and frost with brown frosting then cover and refrigerate.
- Frost cooled cake with orange frosting. Create eyes, mouth, and nose with Halloween candy or decorating gel. Place frosted ice cream cone in center hole of cake at an angle for stem.