This Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Amish Sausage Balls is so versatile! Whether as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or as a robust main dish, the Amish country flavors come through as loud and clear as the sound of a horse and buggy coming down a country road.
Yields: 26 to 28 balls
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, , onion, and egg; mix well then form into 1/2-inch balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown sausage balls 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a , combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over sausage balls, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pork/Amish-Sausage-Balls#u8yKMzK5dwXZcj0P.99