Penn State Athletics is teaming with the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank to conduct a canned food drive the week of the Indiana football game.
Centre County residents, Penn State students, staff and fans are encouraged to "Stuff a Blue Bus," starting Monday, Nov. 12 and throughout the week leading up to the Nov. 17 home game with the Hoosiers. A Penn State blue bus, similar to the ones that transport Coach Bill O'Brien's team to Beaver Stadium on gameday, will be parked in front of the Bryce Jordan Center from Nov. 12-16 to accept canned goods.
Weis Markets, PepsiCo, Penn State Athletics and the Nittany Lion football coaches' wives.
The blue bus will be parked outside the Bryce Jordan Center on Nov. 12 and 14-16 from 6 a.m.-8 pm. and on Tuesday, Nov. 13 from 6 a.m.-5 p.m.
On Nov. 17, fans attending the 12 p.m kick vs. Indiana can drop off canned goods prior to entering Beaver Stadium at the following locations:
- Bryce Jordan Center Gate B;
- Bryce Jordan Center Founder's entrance;
- Medlar Field at Lubrano Park;
- Jeffrey Field;
- Central Pa. Convention and Visitors Bureau at the corner of Park Avenue and Porter Road, across the street from Beaver Stadium.
Beaver Stadium parking lots will open at 7 a.m. for the Indiana football game.
Canned goods also will be accepted at these Penn State Athletic events from Nov. 9-18:
- Nov. 9 - Men's basketball vs. St. Francis (Pa.), 7 p.m.
- Nov. 10 - Men's hockey vs. Air Force, 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 16 - Wrestling vs. Lehigh, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 18 - Women's basketball vs. Lafayette, 2 p.m.
There also are Central Pennsylvania Food Bank barrels at Weis Markets in Central Pennsylvania.
Help Central Pennsylvania Food Bank and 'Stuff A Blue Bus'
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.