Harry Kalas Tributes
Friday, April 17th
Fans are urged to arrive early for the Friday, April 17 game when the Phillies play the San Diego Padres at 7:05 p.m. at Citizens Bank Park. It will be the first home game since Hall of Fame broadcaster Harry Kalas' death four days earlier.
The Phillies will honor their legendary voice prior to the game with several tributes:
- The television booth in which Harry broadcast since Citizens Bank Park opened in 2004 will be named the Harry Kalas Broadcast Booth, "That ball's outta here!" A plaque will be hung to officially name the booth. The neighboring radio booth is named the Richie ("Whitey") Ashburn Broadcast Booth, "This game's easy, Harry."
- The ceremonial first ball will be thrown by Harry's three sons, Todd, Brad and Kane.
- Prior to the National Anthem, to be sung by Harry's son Kane, there will be a moment of silence.
- All fans will receive an 8"x10" color photograph of Harry.
- Harry's signature will be displayed on the field during the seven-game homestand beginning on Friday.