Oral Cancer Prevention
Spring Break Travel
Fox43 Morning News talks to Emily Kauffman, known as "Travel Mom" about scoring the best deals on spring break destinations. Visit http://www.thetravelmom.com/ to learn more.
Betsey Gerstein Sterenfeld from Essen Cooking visits Fox43 Morning News to share delicious fish recipes. These meals are good for any occasion, especially during the Lenten season. For more information, check out http://breathelivegrow.com/ and www.facebook.com/essencooking.
FLOUNDER INVOLTINI WITH RAISINS AND TOMATO SAUCE
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 slices sandwich bread
½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/3 cup pine nuts
¼ cup golden raisins
½ teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram, plus 4 sprigs
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 long pieces flounder
1 cup tomato sauce
1. Get ready. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly oil a small baking dish.
2. Make the filling. In a food processor or blender, pulse bread, parsley, pine nuts, raisins,
oil, chopped marjoram, ¼ teaspoon salt and pinch pepper to combine. Set aside 3
3. Roll it up. Lay one fish piece on a plate and season fish with salt and pepper. Spread ¼
raisin mixture onto the fish piece. Roll up fish and place, seam side down, into baking dish.
Repeat with remaining 3 pieces.
4. Bake and serve. Spoon tomato sauce over fish and sprinkle with remaining raisin mixture.
Drizzle with ½ teaspoon oil and top with marjoram sprigs. Bake until fish is cooked through,
about 15-20 minutes.
SICILIAN CHICK PEA SALAD WITH FENNEL
Serves 4 to 6
1 small red onion, minced
4 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup olive oil
3 cans (14 ounce each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 ¼ cups thinly sliced celery, including some leaves
1 small bulb fresh fennel, thinly sliced
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
jar with lid
mixing bowl (L)
1. Soften the onions. Place onions and vinegar in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Prep the salad. Meanwhile, prep all salad ingredients and place in large bowl. Strain
onions from vinegar and add to salad bowl. Save vinegar.
3. Make the dressing. Add vinegar, honey, red pepper and oil to jar. Cover tightly and shake
vigorously to mix dressing. Season to taste with salt.
4. Put it all together. Pour over chickpea mixture and season to taste with salt. Serve
immediately or let stand for 1 - 2 hours. Check for seasoning just before serving.
Free Pretzel Day
Saturday, March 3 is Free Pretzel Day, and to celebrate, Auntie Anne's visited Fox43 Morning News to talk about the event and give Kiersten, Courtney, and Jeff the chance to twist their own pretzels! To learn more, visit http://www.facebook.com/auntieannespretzels and http://www.auntieannes.com/.