The holidays can be stressful.particularly if you're unemployed or just don't make enough money. So, how can you earn some extra cash?
Career coach and executive search consultant, Laurie Rosenfield was here with details on companies that are hiring for the holidays and how you can turn a part-time gig into a full-time job.
- Last year, Target hired more than 92,000 seasonal team members nationwide and we expect to hire slightly more than that this year.
- While some positions have already been filled, many stores are making their final hiring push now in hopes of having season team members on board by Thanksgiving.
- Many stores will still be hiring into mid-December, as we want to ensure a great shopping experience for our guests in December and January.
- We are hiring throughout the store, from cashiers to overnight crews who unload the trucks.
Applicants can visit Target.com/careers or apply at a kiosk in any Target store.
- Company-wide, jcpenney expects to add approximately 37,000 positions to accommodate the increased store traffic and sales during the holiday season - that`s an increase from 30,000 seasonal hires last year. We align our store staffing with expected customer traffic, as we want to be sure we remain appropriately staffed at all times to provide a convenient shopping experience. We want to ensure that customers are taken care of when they are shopping with us.
- In NYC, we are hiring for approximately 350 seasonal positions. We continue to place emphasis on hiring for customer service roles and functions such as cashiers, zone associates and Fine Jewelry selling associates. Primarily, our holiday hiring is for part-time positions. This is designed to ensure stores have the needed flexibility in scheduling for all areas of the store during the peak periods.
- There are two easy ways to apply:
In stores, applicants can apply online using our Applicant Kiosk.
Online at jcpenneycareers.com. Applicants can complete an application online and send it electronically to the nearest jcpenney store.
- This year we are focused on making sure that our most experienced, knowledgeable employees are there for our customers while also responding to our employees' requests for additional hours for more income. Because of that, our labor hours are flat over last year.
- Best Buy will add 15,000 associates (Blue Shirts) -- see related Sept. 27 news release. We also have more than doubled the number of Geek Squad Agents in our online support channel in anticipation of growing customer tech support volume now and through the holidays. Further, our phone support and distribution centers will add more than 3,000 employees to provide customer support, and manage inventory for our stores and .com channel.
- To apply for a jon ogo to BestBuy.com or walk into your local Best Buy
It's Your Money: Seasonal Work
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.