MINEOLA, N.Y- William Walsh said nothing and showed no emotion on his face as he made his way into court to face charges he murdered his wife Leah Walsh, and then tried to cover it up by making it look like she was abducted.

Just 24 hours earlier Walsh seemed to be holding back tears while pleading for help to find his missing wife Leah Walsh.

Police say Walsh choked Leah to death in a fit of rage early Sunday morning in their Bethpage apartment after he returned home from a trip to Atlantic City.

They say the couple got into a fight, when Leah questioned her husband of 3 years about seeing another woman.

After killing Leah police say William Walsh just left her in the apartment and went about his business.

"Including doing his laundry at a local laundry mat and going to a McDonalds and various other things that he thought could substantiate an alibi," said Nassau County Det. Lt. John Azzata.

Police say when it got dark Walsh stuffed his wife into the front of her Ford Focus and began driving around Long Island looking for a dark secluded spot to dump her body.

After leaving her in the woods, police say William Walsh began staging the fake kidnapping, by parking her car on the shoulder of the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway early Monday morning, the route she would normally take to her special ed teaching job in Glen Cove.

They say he then let the air out of one of the tires, threw her pocket book in the woods and even sent himself text messages from her cell phone.

After Leah's body was found yesterday police say Walsh began to confess, his attorney says it was psychologically coerced.

Police dispute that claim, saying Walsh spoke freely and in great detail.

William Walsh's family was in court for his arraignment but they refused to speak to reporters.

Leah's brother, Josh Hirsche, today praised police and spoke about his sister.

"Leah always strove to brighten the world around her," Hirsche said. "She always lent a hand to those who needed it and she was a wonderful person."