NEW YORK, N.Y. (WPIX) -- The mother of a security guard trampled to death by Black Friday shoppers at a Long Island Wal-Mart, is speaking out.

It's been more than two months since Marie Telismond last saw her only son, Jdimytai Damour. It was November 14, 2008 when Damour drove his mother to the airport as she was headed back to her native Haiti.

"He called me three times when I got to Port-au-Prince," Telismond said Tuesday morning at her lawyer Andrew Libo's Manhattan office. "He said, 'Mommy, did you come in yet?"

Damour had gotten a job, working as a temporary security guard at the Wal-Mart in the Green Acres Mall in Valley Stream. "He said, 'I just got a job,' but I didn't ask him where," she said.

Damour, 34, who lived with his mother in the Rosedale section of Queens, was trampled to death on Black Friday as a mob of about two thousand shoppers broke down the doors of the store, looking for sales, authorities said.

Known as "Jimmy," Damour was a generous man who would give his last dollar to aid a friend, his mother said. "He liked to help people," Telismond said. News that Damour tried to help a pregnant woman at the time of the stampede was not surprising to his mother, who said it was completely in his character. That pregnant woman, Leana Lockley, 28, said last week that she owed her life to Damour.

Damour grew up in Brooklyn and Queens. He studied at Nassau Community College, for a year, and talked about becoming a teacher someday, his mother said. He was a quiet man with a love for watching football and a bottomless appetite for his mother's cooking, she said.

Since the day her son died, Telismond said, she has lost sleep and stopped eating. "I don't have anybody else," Telismond said, dabbing her wet eyes with a tissue. "It's very hard for me."

Damour's family blames Wal-Mart and is planning a suit against the store, the security firm and Green Acres Mall, according to Libo. Attorneys say Darmour had no training in crowd control, and that he was only put at the door because of his large size.

Damour's co-workers were also trampled, as they tried to rescue him. Horrified eyewitnesses say shoppers stepped over him, and even became irate when officials announced that the store was closing, because of his death.