Have you kicked your diet to the curb this season? Do celery sticks and wheat-grass shots make you nauseous? Here are some of the most high-calorie and festive drinks you’ll find around. Dig out your favorite pair of elastic pants, and try one of these treats.
1. Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (Grande size, whole milk, whipped cream). This drink has a whopping 480 calories and 20 grams fat. Forget about your low-carb diet; this drink has 70 grams of carbs.
3. Starbucks Eggnog Latte (Grande size, whole milk). The coffee version of this classic holiday treat isn’t so innocent with 470 calories and 22 grams fat.
4. Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha (Grande size, whole milk, whipped cream). The worst offender from Starbucks on our list, this 550-calorie drink is a little less than a third of your daily recommended caloric intake. The 78 grams of carbohydrates don’t help, either.
5. Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Bean Coolatta (medium). This year-round staple is clogged with 630 calories and a ghastly 130 grams of sugar.
6. Dunkin’ Donuts Gingerbread Latte (large, whole milk). You’d be better off eating a gingerbread cookie than one of these drinks, which boast 440 calories and 68 grams of sugar.
7. Dunkin’ Donuts Mint Hot Chocolate (large). This cold weather drink is loaded with 420 calories and 13 grams of fat.
8. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf White Chocolate Latte (16-ounce medium size). With 460 calories and 11 grams of saturated fat, this drink has more saturated fat than a Big Mac.
9. Cold Stone Creamery Rich Mocha Latte (medium size). This drink is rich in 410 calories and 54 grams of sugar.
10. Cold Stone Creamery Cream de Menthe™ Shake (medium size). The fattiest drink on our list, this shake has 1,250 calories, 77 grams of fat and 123 grams of sugar.
Fattest Holiday Drinks
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.