November is National Diabetes Month and nearly 26 million children and adults in America live with the disease. Anyone facing diabetes know the challenges when it comes to maintaining good health.
But Celebrity Chef Michael Moore says you can enjoy great food and still keep your blood sugar under control with his new book BLOOD SUGAR: Inspiring Recipes for Anyone Facing the Challenge of Diabetes and Maintaining Good Health.
- Romesco soup with Chicken and Chorizo Sausage
- Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and Chili Dressing
- Open Cannelloni with Pork Meatballs
- Grilled Lamp with Pears, Pomegranate and Sumac
- Baked Choc 'N' Nut Ricotta Cheesecakes
Moore also shares the way he manages being a diabetic with nutritional tips, how to balance food types and ideas for healthy eating and entertaining.
Simple Figs On Toast With Ricotta, Serves 4
4 slices of seeded bread
100g (3½oz) low-fat ricotta
2 ripe black figs (or fresh raspberries or strawberries)
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1. Toast the bread then mash the ricotta onto it using the back of a fork. Slice the figs and also mash them onto the ricotta.
2. Drizzle with a little agave syrup and enjoy with coffee or tea.
Blueberry and tofu protein shake, Serves 4
Cooking For Diabetes Sufferers With New Book 'Blood Sugar'
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.