Well-Fit Triathlon & Training, Inc.
1700 West Hubbard
Top Ten Exercises of 2010
Cardio work easiest, simplest and most effective way to get your body in shape
1. Walking can be done anywhere and safest way for developing cardio vascular fitness and optimal fat utilization
2. Interval training boost your fitness level, maximizing calorie consumption and the best form of exercise for weight loss.
Strength training - is best for increasing muscle mass and basal metabolic rate. Focus on exercise that uses multiple muscles. Start slow with light weight and change your routine every 4 to 6 weeks.
3. Squats develop all the major muscles of the lower body at once, back, gluts, hamstrings and quadriceps
4. Lunges is an advanced and more functional form of squat
5. Pushups work on the chest, shoulder triceps and the trunk core muscle
6. Rows works all the major muscles of the upper back and biceps
7. Pull-ups works mainly the back and shoulder muscles but also engage the biceps and forearm muscles
8. Abdominal work useful in improving performance in most physical activity and improve lower back pain
9. Bridges very effectively improve lower back strength
10. Hip abduction/adduction will help stabilizing the hip knees and form lean line thighs
January 4 - Sharone Aharon
Best Exercises for 2010
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.