2 sticks of butter
two 15.25 oz. cans of Winn Dixie whole kernel white corn or your favorite brand
four 10 ¾ oz. cans of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
1 pound of Louisiana blue crab claw meat
1 pound of Louisiana lump blue crab meat
1 quart of ½ and ½ or whipping cream
4 cans evaporated milk or 1 quart of whole milk
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of white pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon Zatarain's liquid crab boil
1. Melt two sticks of butter on low heat.
2. Add onion and corn on medium high heat and cook down until the onions clear and the water from the corn evaporates. (about 15 minutes) Stir often.
3. Add mushroom soup and blend in and continue to cook on medium heat.
4. Inspect crabmeat and remove any pieces of crab shells. Now add the crabmeat and cook down for 5 minutes more. Stir often.
5. Turn heat to low and add half and half, evaporated milk, salt, pepper and Zatarain's liquid crab boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir often.
Caution: Be careful not to scorch the bottom of the pot.
Dianne Petit's Crab Soup
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.