1/2 cup cooking oil
1 bell pepper (diced)
2 celery ribs (diced)
1/2 cup Gold Medal Wondra flour
one 10 ounce can Rotel Tomatoes (original)
one 6.5 ounce can of mushroom stems & pieces
one 10 & 3/4 ounce can of Campbell's cream of Mushroom Soup
one 10 & 3/4 ounce can of Campbell's cream of Celery Soup
1 quart of shucked oysters
2 level tablespoons Tony Chachere's seasoning or Lemoine's Season Em Up
1 quart of water
1/4 cup Kitchen Bouquet
1 heaping tablespoon parsley flakes
1 pound of #4 spaghetti
1. Combine oil, onions, bell pepper and celery in 1.5 gallon pot, sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add ½ cup of Wondra flour, sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add Rotel, mushroom stems & pieces, mushroom soup & celery soup, sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add oysters, oyster juice and Tony's and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add water and bring sauce to a boil.
6. Now add the Kitchen Bouquet and parsley flakes, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until a desired consistency is achieved.
Meanwhile, boil spaghetti according to instructions on package.
Serve sauce over spaghetti noodles
Brown Gravy Oyster Spaghetti
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.