The Cheesecake Factory's "Cool Summer Treats"
(a.k.a. Cheesecake Lollypops)
Chocolate Shell Mixture
- 1 ¼ c Semi Sweet Hershey's Chocolate Chips
- 4 T Unsalted Butter
Melt the chocolate with 2 T butter in Microwave. Heat on Medium 30 seconds at a time stirring occasionally until butter and chocolate are completely melted. Once mixture is lump free add the remaining 2 T butter and stir until melted to working temperature 100'F - 105'F
- Cheesecake slices (deeply chilled)
- Hershey®'s Chocolate Bar Cheesecake
- The Cheesecake Factory "Original"
- White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle®
- Fresh Banana Cream
- Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple and/or Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Chopped Hershey's Candy Bars
- Assorted chopped nuts
- Hershey's Chocolate Chips
- Jimmies (rainbow and/or chocolate)
- Toffee Pieces
- Chocolate Shavings
- Assorted Chopped Candy Bars
- Sunflower Seeds
1. Begin with your favorite cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
2. "Deeply chill" cheesecake by placing in freezer for 1 - 2 hours. Cut cheesecake slice in half down the center. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
3. Place a wooden stick in the center of the half slice of "deeply chilled" cheesecake (should look like a lollypop). Completely submerge the Cheesecake "Lollypop" in melted chocolate (see following recipe for melted chocolate) Be sure to cover the entire slice keeping a clean stick for a handle. (Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the Cheesecake "Lollypop".)
4. Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
5. Immediately decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts by rolling them in the toppings; Set on an attractive platter or tray.
6. Once the slice has been dipped and garnished, return it to the freezer to set. After setting, each slice can be wrapped in a Cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.