RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Fort Salonga

Fort Salonga
Beginnings: In 1695 Sarah Smith, wife of Smithtown founder Richard (Bull) Smith, deeded to her son Daniel 100 acres at Bread and Cheese Hollow, also known as Fresh Pond. There were clay deposits in the area which are believed to have been used by the Indians for making pottery. In 1684, the Long Island Brick Co. was established and for more than 200 years bricks from the area were shipped all over Long Island and to New England.
Photo: House once owned by Booker T Washington, Cousins St. in Ft. Salonga (Newsday file photo / Bob Luckey)
Beginnings: In 1695 Sarah Smith, wife of Smithtown founder Richard (Bull) Smith, deeded to her son Daniel 100 acres at Bread and Cheese Hollow, also known as Fresh Pond. There were clay deposits in the area which are believed to have been used by the Indians for making pottery. In 1684, the Long Island Brick Co. was established and for more than 200 years bricks from the area were shipped all over Long Island and to New England.
Photo: House once owned by Booker T Washington, Cousins St. in Ft. Salonga (Newsday file photo / Bob Luckey)
« Show less

Top Fort Salonga Articles see all

Displaying items 1-1
  • Little Boy, 4, Dies From Injuries In 3-Car Crash

    Little Boy, 4, Dies From Injuries In 3-Car Crash
    Members of a grief-stricken family can hardly believe what has happened to one of their own. They had him for just four years, and now he's gone.