| May 9, 2012
| 12:45 PM
Skip the breakfast in bed routine this year and take Mom or Grandma out for a meal. The Bee & Thistle Inn (100 Lyme St., Old Lyme, 860-434-1667, beeandthistleinn.com) is has seatings on Mother's Day at 11:30 a.m., Noon, 2 & 2:30 p.m. See their website for...
| May 16, 2012
| 7:45 AM
1) Maroon 5, $80-$120. Thurs., 7 p.m. Performance Theater at MGM Grand, Mashantucket.
2) Barika ft. special guest Scott Murawski w/ XVSK, $7-$10. Fri., 10 p.m. Arch Street Tavern, Hartford.
3) Cosmic Dust Bunnies w/ Pidgeons Playing Ping Pong, Fri.,...
| Feb 22, 2012
| 12:11 PM
This is a story of rags to riches to rags. It's a cautionary tale and at the same time, maybe poetic justice. Let me say that I hope that the smart members of the Mashantucket Pequot tribe invested their annual payments in safe stocks, bonds and...
| Apr 12, 2012
| 8:20 AM
1) Jesse Colin Young, $45-$60. Thurs., 8 p.m. Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Norfolk.
2) Z3 w/ Tim Palmieri from Kung Fu Tribute to Zappa, Thurs., Sullys Pub, Hartford.
3) The Hartford Phase Shift: The Broadcloth Trio + The Hartt Composers Ensemble...
| May 18, 2012
| 1:05 PM
Get ready a riotous good time at Comix at Foxwoods this week when Pat Oates hosts Nasty Late Night Comix. Oates will ask comedians Orlando Baxter, Marty Caproni, John Romanoff and Andrew Williams to comment on pop culture, viral videos and everything else...
| May 22, 2012
| 12:30 PM
1) Sons of Cream feat. Kofi Baker, Malcolm Bruce and Godfrey Townsend, $35-$45. Thurs., 8 p.m. Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Norfolk.
2) Alvin Carter Project (jazz), Fri. 8 p.m. Tools Bar and Grill, New Britain.
3) Dave Matthews Band, $53-$89.90. Fri. 8...
| May 30, 2012
| 5:45 AM
We all know him, but not all of us love comedian Bill Maher, who hosted the controversial television shows "Politically Incorrect" and "Real Time with Bill Maher,"produced his own movie, Religulous, and has taken on every hot-button issue of our times....
| May 31, 2012
| 10:42 AM
The Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center is the largest Native American institute in the world and it's right here in Connecticut.
The state-of-the-art facility features an observation tower, a large recreation of an authentic Pequot village,...
| Jun 6, 2012
| 7:40 AM
Steel Magnolias: In the world of Truvy's local-homegrown beauty salon, six very different women come together to share their secrets, fears and love for one another while engaging the audience in hysterical and neighborly gossip. Sat., 8 p.m.,...
| Jun 8, 2012
| 8:37 AM
This Saturday marks the annual Connecticut Open House Day, where lots and lots of local museums, cultural attractions, open spaces and more open their doors for us Nutmeggers to enjoy. Here are some of the many things going on on June 9. For a full list...
| Nov 14, 2011
| 2:09 PM
Massachusetts looks like it’s finally about to fall into the seductive (and lucrative) embrace of casino gambling, and that’s likely to suck bigtime for Connecticut’s casinos and a Connecticut state government addicted to casino cash....
| Nov 16, 2011
| 5:20 AM
Comedian Craig Robinson is one talented dude. If you've been watching him on "The Office" for the past several years, you know that not only is he funny, he's also a great musician. Fitting then that he'll be performing this weekend at Foxwoods with his...