| Apr 12, 2012
| 8:20 AM
1) Jesse Colin Young, $45-$60. Thurs., 8 p.m. Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Norfolk.
2) Z3 w/ Tim Palmieri from Kung Fu Tribute to Zappa, Thurs., Sullys Pub, Hartford.
3) The Hartford Phase Shift: The Broadcloth Trio + The Hartt Composers Ensemble...
| Jul 9, 2012
| 1:35 PM
1) Legends in Concert: Elvis Presley, Celine Dion, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles and The Blues Brothers, $15-$40. Thurs. Fox Theater, Mashantucket.
2) Motown Review, Fri. 9:30 p.m. The Iron Frog Tavern, Simsbury.
3) 7 Bridges-The Ultimate Eagles Tribute,...
| Dec 18, 2012
| 12:30 PM
Many a way to celebrate the impending Mayan-foretold apocalypse this week:
Heaven or Hell-themed End of the World Party: Hosted by Steve Tefft, music by DJ JD. Dec. 21, 9 p.m., Shrine Asian Kitchen, Lounge and Nightclub, 240 MGM Grand Dr., Mashantucket,...
| Dec 3, 2012
| 5:55 AM
The Magic of Christmas: Through Jan. 6, Florence Griswold Museum, 96 Lyme St., Old Lyme, (860) 434-5542, flogris.org.
A Miniature Show: Through Dec. 31, The Gallery at Firehouse Square, 239 Bank St., New London, (860) 443-0344.
Tree of Nations:...
| Apr 16, 2012
| 11:50 AM
Celebrate the season by learning how Native Americans once cooked their food, and what they ate in the early spring at the Mashantucket Pequot Museum's spring harvest cooking demonstration. Seeqan Keepunumooôk, which means "spring harvest," will feature...
| Nov 26, 2012
| 8:35 AM
If you're a fan of "Chelsea Lately," Comix at Foxwoods is calling your name this week. Mo Mandel, who currently appears regularly on the late night comedy talk show, performs four shows at Comix from Nov. 29-Dec. 1.
Nov. 29-30, 8 p.m.;...
| Nov 12, 2012
| 7:35 AM
Fans of televised dance competitions rejoice: You can leave the house and still get your entertainment fix this week. The "So You Think You Can Dance" tour hits the MGM Grand at Foxwoods on Nov. 17, featuring the top 10 finalists from the show's ninth...
| Nov 18, 2012
| 9:00 AM
Don't let big box stores ruin your Thanksgiving weekend:
Redscroll Records' Annual Blackout at Sunrise Sale: Nov. 23, 6 a.m.-10 p.m.; Nov. 24-25, 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Redscroll Records, 24 N. Colony Rd., Wallingford, (203) 265-7013, redscrollrecords.com....
| Oct 8, 2012
| 9:45 AM
Learn new information about the Pequot War (1636-1637), recently unearthed during an archaeological survey of the Battle of Mistick Fort, where 77 Connecticut colonists and 250 Native allies attacked the Pequot-held fort in present-day Mystic. Dr. Kevin...
| Oct 9, 2012
| 10:00 AM
Connecticut's two tribal casinos are under siege, and Connecticut taxpayers are going to be suffering some heavy collateral damage.
Heavy as in a potential loss to the state treasury of $137 million a year.
"That's a big hit," says state Rep. Stephen...
| Apr 25, 2012
| 6:20 AM
1) Stephen Haynes and Joe Morris Present "Improvisations VII," $12-$15. Thurs., 7 p.m. Real Art Ways, Hartford.
2) Counting Crows, $50-$85. Fri., 8 p.m. MGM Grand at Foxwoods, Mashantucket.
3) Mandrake Mechanism w/ Castle and Push Method, Fri., Sullys...
| May 9, 2012
| 12:45 PM
Skip the breakfast in bed routine this year and take Mom or Grandma out for a meal. The Bee & Thistle Inn (100 Lyme St., Old Lyme, 860-434-1667, beeandthistleinn.com) is has seatings on Mother's Day at 11:30 a.m., Noon, 2 & 2:30 p.m. See their website for...