| May 17, 2013
| 5:17 PM
Running off at the typewriter …
I am amazed at all of the controversy that ensued after University of Florida assistant coach Tim Davis joked to a Gator booster club in Brevard County that Alabama coach Nick Saban is "the devil himself." It's...
| Oct 3, 2012
Last week's rankings in parenthesis.
1. Cardinals (1): They have won eight in a row at home. Even if a lot of the victories have been ugly, they still count.
2. Falcons (2): Successful teams always catch breaks. The Falcons caught one Sunday, and then...
| Oct 4, 2012
| 5:35 PM
It doesn't look like a fair fight. The Bears, fresh off an explosive blowout victory over the Cowboys on the national stage, against the Jaguars, who've been outscored 54-17 at EverBank Field and are 1-3.
I'm going to spare the "any given Sunday"...
| Oct 13, 2012
| 12:50 PM
After all that buzz about Buffalo's rebuilt defense, all those millions spent in free agency, the Bills are ranked 31st on that side of the ball.
In the last two games — losses to New England and San Francisco — the Bills have surrendered 1,...
| Apr 30, 2012
| 4:59 PM
The NFL draft is in the books, and what Texans fans want to know - is Jacoby Jones soon to be an Ex-Texan?
Jones' infamous muffed punt during the Texans' playoff loss to the Ravens last season is obviously the reason for the uncertainty.
| Oct 30, 2012
| 6:23 PM
1. Giants (1 last week): How would an Eli Manning-Peyton Manning Super Bowl strike you?
2. Falcons (3): When everyone was busy watching Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, Matt Ryan was the best passer in the first half of the NFL season.
3. Bears (2): Their...
| Sep 3, 2012
| 6:58 PM
1. Packers: The addition of Cedric Benson could give the Packers a dimension they lacked.
2. Giants: They are a little beat up at cornerback, but their pass rush should be able to compensate while they get healthy.
3. Patriots: Questions about the...
| Sep 10, 2012
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — You knew a Jets quarterback was going to get booed in the season opener. You just knew it. But who could have guessed it would be Tim Tebow when the home team was ahead by two touchdowns in the first half?
"I didn't hear...
| Mar 12, 2013
| 3:33 PM
They need speed? They got the Usain Bolt of NFL receivers.
They need production? They signed a guy with eight touchdowns last year – nearly triple the three touchdowns the Dolphins receivers had combined.
They needed a prime target for...
| Mar 4, 2013
| 9:19 AM
The Miami Dolphins have placed the franchise tag on defensive tackle Randy Starks, guaranteeing the two-time Pro Bowl selection a one-year salary of $8.45 million in 2013.
Using the franchise tag on Starks ensures that Miami’s defensive line,...
| Mar 5, 2013
| 9:13 AM
Allow the Sun-Sentinel to provide a snapshot of every NFL team's cap space situation as of March 5, and position needs as we prepare to begin free agency.
We'll start with the AFC teams since it is close to home.
Keep in mind that every team's cap...
| Mar 13, 2012
| 7:25 PM
I doubt anybody describes Bears general manager Phil Emery as dull today.
This is how a new GM gets his point across clearly, by pulling off the type of trade that drops jaws and potentially changes the balance of power in the NFC. This is when you can...