| Oct 9, 2010
| 5:58 PM
ATLANTA – By the time Anthony Allen and Joshua Nesbitt were done carving up Virginia's defense Saturday in Georgia Tech's 33-21 victory, it was apparent the concept of "assignment football" had somehow escaped U.Va.'s players.
Of course, U.Va. (2-3...
| Mar 28, 2010
- About 3,000 fans watched Virginia's practice at Foreman Field
- The Cavaliers will do this again, in a different part of the state
- This is U.Va.'s first spring practice under MIke London
As he stood near an end zone Saturday in Foreman Field after...
| Mar 30, 2010
| 5:51 PM
- Virginia administrators are pleased with the football team's trip to Old Dominion
- The Cavaliers under Mike London make a push to re-connect in the state
- Jon Oliver: 'We will try other areas of the state'
New Virginia football coach Mike London...
| Apr 11, 2010
Virginia linebacker Jared Detrick's goal entering spring practice was to put himself in position to earn playing time this coming season.
He did a lot more. Detrick, a Woodside High graduate who said he's 6-foot-1 and 236 pounds, came out of U.Va.'s...
| May 18, 2010
| 7:44 PM
- Virginia produced an 18-part series on the Cavaliers' football team
- The show airs at 9 p.m.Mondays on Comcast Sports Net
- Next week's episode focuses on hiring of assistant coaches
Neither "Law & Order" nor "Dancing with the Stars" need fret...
| Jun 5, 2010
| 1:20 PM
- Mike London is used to coaching at academic-oriented schools
- The team's second-semester GPA was its best in 10 years
- London: Winning is a priority, but so are academics
Spare Mike London the trite, tired and patently false notion that the...
| Jun 10, 2010
Local primary races for state and federal legislators resulted in few surprises Tuesday, as incumbents from both sides of the aisle received their parties' nods for the November general election.
Rep. David Dreier (R-San Dimas) defeated Mark Butler in...
| Apr 2, 2011
| 6:13 PM
Nothing could've been more demoralizing for Virginia coach Mike London and U.Va.'s marketing staff than seeing mammoth hunks of ice falling from the sky a half-hour before Saturday's football spring game.
For a program that has struggled to get people to...
| Apr 13, 2011
| 3:32 PM
Mike London has been a part of several football revivals, as a player at Richmond, as an assistant coach at William and Mary, Boston College and Virginia.
In each case, London's team won at least four more games than the previous season, confounding...
| Oct 27, 2010
| 6:55 AM
- Three starters penalized for missing class
- London sending message to three groups
- Team's GPA highest in 10 years
When the penalty is lost playing time, it's impossible for coaches to discipline athletes privately. But usually the offense...
| Oct 28, 2010
La Cañada Flintridge voters have been painting the town a little bluer.
A burst of new Democratic Party registrations prior to the election of President Obama, ongoing declines in Republican Party registrations and an increasing number of decline-to-...
| Nov 4, 2010
| 8:08 PM
BLACKSBURG — There were no excuses for Virginia Tech on Thursday night.
Georgia Tech was without its first-team, All-ACC quarterback, Joshua Nesbitt, sidelined for the second half with an arm injury. And Yellow Jackets coach Paul Johnson compounded...