| Apr 10, 2013
| 8:12 PM
PHOENIX (AP) — Since his days at Notre Dame ended and he turned pro, A.J. Pollock had rarely hit a home run and never two in a game.
He was a slugger on Wednesday, though, knocking two over the left-field wall off Jonathan Sanchez to...
| Mar 30, 2013
| 1:10 PM
1. Tigers: Forget the concern at closer. They were loaded last year, and they're a lot better with Victor Martinez, Torii Hunter and a full year of Anibal Sanchez.
2. Dodgers: Hanley Ramirez's injury could slow them out of the gate, but they're deep and...
| Aug 5, 2012
| 4:26 PM
The home run ball continued to be problematic for Cliff Lee. Lucky for him, his teammates bailed him out. Lee allowed three home runs Sunday against the Diamondbacks (giving him 18 for the season), and when he left in the......
| May 3, 2012
| 8:26 PM
Bryce Harper showed why his manager put him in the No. 3 spot for his fifth career game.
The 19-year-old phenom hit a tiebreaking RBI double in the sixth inning, lifting the Washington Nationals to a 2-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on...
| May 7, 2012
| 5:10 PM
Statistics through Sunday (last week's rank)
1. Rangers (1): Matt Harrison's new and improved sinker hasn't been sinking. Otherwise there's not much to be concerned about even though they've lost three consecutive series. This will be an interesting week...
| Jun 18, 2012
| 5:40 PM
Statistics through Sunday (last week's ranking)
1. Rangers (1): There have many issues, including a lack of production since early in the season from Michael Young and the highly regarded lineup, but a soft schedule has kept those issues from showing...
| Jun 23, 2012
| 11:36 PM
PHOENIX -- It's was hard to determine which took longer Saturday night at Chase Field -- Paul Maholm's trot around the bases on his two-run homer in the fourth inning, or the Diamondback's 6-run rally off Maholm in the bottom of the inning.
| Feb 13, 2012
| 5:00 PM
No. 5 Diamondbacks: 26th in a series countdown to spring training. Next: Rays.
Good players carry themselves a certain way. They're respected by teammates, which gives them a sense of security that fosters confidence. They know who they are, even if it...
| Aug 6, 2012
| 6:54 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Diamondbacks were flummoxed by Erik Bedard's dominance on Monday night.
They didn't get much help from him afterward, either. To Bedard, it was simple.
Bedard allowed two hits over seven innings, and the Pittsburgh...
| Aug 7, 2012
| 8:45 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Chris Johnson homered in the eighth and ninth innings Tuesday night, giving him five in eight games since being acquired in a trade, to rally the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 10-4 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
| Aug 8, 2012
| 8:54 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Neil Walker homered and drove in five runs, Kevin Correia won his seventh straight decision and the Pittsburgh Pirates overcame four errors to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 7-6 Wednesday night.
Walker hit a three-run homer in...
| Aug 21, 2012
1. Nationals (1): Look for the lineup to start clicking soon with Ian Desmond back in the lineup and Bryce Harper heating up. Jayson Werth has been a major contributor since he came off the disabled list.
2. Reds (2): Doubleheader on Saturday caused...