Phase One will consist primarily of those residing in the cities of Hampton, Poquoson, Virginia Beach and Norfolk and York County. Phase Two will consist of those residing in the city of Newport News, the remainder of Hampton, and the cities of Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Suffolk.
Hampton Roads: Phase I
- Virginia Beach: Individuals residing south of Route 44 and along the Oceanfront will use I-64 towards Suffolk. Individuals residing north of Route 44 will use I-64 West towards Richmond.
- Norfolk: Individuals residing east of I-64 (outside of interstate loop) will use I-64 west toward Richmond. Individuals residing west of I-64 (inside the interstate loop) will use I-64 toward Suffolk.
- Hampton: Individuals residing in the area of King Street and north of Pembroke Avenue will use I-64 toward Richmond. Individuals residing east of King Street and south of Pembroke Avenue (including Fort Monroe) will use Mercury Boulevard to the James River Bridge to Route 258/32 in Isle of Wight County or Route 60 West. Individuals residing north of Mercury Boulevard between King Street and Armistead Avenue, (in the vicinity of Langley Air Force Base) will take Armistead Avenue to Magruder Boulevard and use Route 17 north toward Gloucester County.
- Langley Air Force Base: Evacuate out of the west gate toward Magruder Boulevard, then south to I-64 east, to Mercury Boulevard to the James River Bridge. Individuals will follow that route to their evacuation assembly area at Ft. Pickett Army Barracks.
- Poquoson and York County: All residents will use Route 17 north toward Gloucester County. Residents also may use Victory Boulevard to I-64 west toward Richmond.
Hampton Roads: Phase II
- Portsmouth: Individuals residing north of I-264 will use Route 17 north to Route 258/32 south in Isle of Wight County; Route 337 west and I-664 north to Route 17 north, then to Route 10 west toward Smithfield. Individuals residing south of I-264 will use Airline Boulevard to Route 58/460 west toward Suffolk.
- Chesapeake: All residents will use I-64, I-264 or I-664 to Route 58/460 toward Suffolk.
- Suffolk: Residents north of Route 125 will use Route 17 north, to Route 258/32 to Route 10 west toward Smithfield.
- Newport News: All residents will use Jefferson Avenue, Rochambeau Drive, Route 755 or Route 30 to Route 60 west toward Richmond.
- Hampton: Individuals residing west of King Street and south of Mercury Boulevard will use I-64 west toward Richmond. Individuals residing west of Armistead Avenue and north of Mercury Boulevard will use Route 17 north toward Gloucester County.
Evacuation routes for other parts of Eastern Virginia:
- Middle Peninsula - Individuals residing in Mathews, Gloucester and Middlesex counties will evacuate along Route 17 north.
- Northern Neck - Individuals residing in Northumberland, Westmoreland, Lancaster and Richmond counties will evacuate along Route 202 and 203 to Route 3 north toward Fredericksburg.
- Eastern Shore - All residents of Northampton and Accomack counties will use Route 13 north as the evacuation route. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is not an evacuation route.