St. Thomas Aquinas’ 27-13 triumph against defending national champ John Curtis Christian (La.) in the Mercedez-Benz Superdome in New Orleans Friday -- a game that was a 24-point blowout in the fourth quarter -- didn’t help the Raiders as much as in the national rankings as it hurt the Patriots.
University School seemed to benefit more from its 37-7 win at Cypress Bay on Thursday.
In the new national polls this week, St. Thomas stayed at No. 3 in MaxPreps’ poll, stayed at No. 9 in Rivals’ and moved up three spots to No. 3 in USA Today’s. John Curtis fell from No. 4 to No. 22 in USA Today’s poll, No. 6 to No. 21 in MaxPreps’ and No. 11 to No. 19 in Rivals’.
- University over Cypress Bay
- Madre London and Wade Freebeck
- Week 3: St. Thomas Aquinas 27, John Curtis Christian 13
- Photos: Broward high school football, week 3
- Rocco Casullo after team's win vs. John Curtis
- Scarlett's three TDs carry University over Cypress Bay 37-7
- Miramar's offense overpowers Plantation for 28-14 victory
- USA Today
- Booker T. Washington
See more topics »
St. Thomas made its biggest jump in the Student Sports Fab 50 rankings, leaping five spots to No. 4 while Curtis dropped two spots to No. 10.
As for University School, the Suns moved up seven spots to No. 12 in the Rivals 100, four spots to No. 16 in the MaxPreps’, and three spots to No. 21 in USA Today’s.
Of course, it was easier for them to move up than the Raiders, who didn’t have much room with Miami Booker T. Washington and Allen (Texas) sitting atop of most polls.
Here’s a look at five major national polls: