What was once Hurricane Richard is now a memory.
The system downgraded from a tropical depression into a "remnant low" as of 11 a.m. on Tuesday while it was in the Bay of Campeche, about 170 miles northwest of Campeche, Mexico.
Accordingly, the National Hurricane Center said it has issued its last advisory on Richard, the 17th named storm and the 10th hurricane of the season.
The hurricane center is monitoring a disturbance in the eastern Atlantic, giving it a 30 percent chance of developing over the next two days.
Tropical Depression Richard: Gone
- Ken Kaye's Storm Center
- Get text alerts on your phone!
- Hurricane Headquarters: View our 2014 survival guide
- Pictures: Hurricane names of 2014
- Photos: Tips on getting ready for a hurricane
- How you can protect your pets and animals
- Hurricane Tips & Advice
- Meteorological Disasters
- Tropical Weather
- Hurricanes and Tropical Storms
See more topics »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.