South Florida airports are beginning to see flight delays and cancellations due to the bad weather affecting the U.S. northeast and midwest regions.
As of 2 p.m. Tuesday, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport had 48 flight delays and 76 cancellations, airport spokesman Greg Meyer said in email.
- Video: Weather forecast for South Florida
- Arctic blast to drop South Florida temperatures into the 40s
- Flight Tracker: Check your flight status
- Photos: South Floridians' clothes cope with the cold
- Photos: Things that happen when it gets cold in South Florida
- The cold weather outlook.
See more photos »
- Air Transportation Industry
- Dominican Republic
- Port-au-Prince (Haiti)
See more topics »
Affected airport locations included Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Md., and New York, N.Y., Meyer noted.
At Miami International Airport, as of 4:30 p.m. the facility had 57 cancellations and 8 flight delays, spokesman Marc Henderson said in an email. Affected cities, for flights arriving and departing MIA included Boston, Mass., Louisville, K.Y., Newark, N.J. and Philadelphia, Pa.