| Feb 15, 2011
| 4:14 PM
Despite taking two dogs to the country's most prestigious dog show and doubling her chances of success, a Perry Hall woman on Tuesday was unable to advance in the competition.
Lisl Dutterer had entered her champion Samoyeds Halo and Easter in the...
| Mar 24, 2011
Animal bites can be serious. They can injure the skin and bones and joints, and the damage could have lasting impacts. Dr. Tanveer Giaibi, chief of emergency medicine at Northwest Hospitals, answers questions about the dangers of and treatments for all...
| Jun 24, 2011
| 1:25 PM
Patrick Reid O'Brien knew at the age of 6 that he wanted to be an artist — art flows through his family tree — but everybody warned him he'd never be able to pay his bills with his art. And for a long time, everybody was right.
| Jun 24, 2011
Annapolis Language Bank
Volunteers with second-language capability are needed to help communicate with visitors who have difficulty speaking English. Information: 410-263-1183.
Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay needs volunteers to staff...
| Jul 1, 2011
Volunteers are needed at branches for cleaning and recasing books, CD and DVD collections, assembly of Story-Time projects, copying, data processing or other computer projects, and file maintenance. Also, daily morning shifts include...
| Mar 16, 2012
| 8:31 AM
When the "Show Your Soft Side" campaign debuted last year, Baltimore learned that real tough guys treat animals with soft hands -- and people across the county took notice.
They were impressed to hear about the likes of Raven Jarret Johnson, MMA...
| Aug 25, 2011
| 2:50 PM
Jayne Miller, WBAL-TV's investigative reporter, delights in exploring environments foreign to her. An ardent traveler, she has been dazzled by the likes of East Africa, Turkey and the wild Western United States.
But asked to cite her favorite travel...
| Aug 31, 2011
| 10:52 AM
Nicholas and Lisa Badart didn't just lose power or a few groceries to Hurricane Irene.
The couple lost a house, a wardrobe and a sense of stability, though at least they and their pets are OK — barely.
It all started with the sound that woke...
| Oct 25, 2011
| 3:30 AM
Want to hear something really scary for Halloween?
According to the Pet Poison Hotline, the average cost to treat a pet for chocolate ingestion exceeds $1,000.
Halloween is the most dangerous holiday for pets, the hotline...
| Oct 22, 2011
| 6:44 PM
After a recent hike through Patapsco Valley State Park, Baltimore teacher Greg Schnitzlein's jaw dropped as he watched his two dogs emerge from the woods looking, as he says, like Chia Pets, every inch of their fur slathered in sproutlike seeds....
| Sep 14, 2011
| 3:30 AM
The most pet-friendly places to stay in the U.S. with your pet include a boutique hotel in New York City and a Vermont inn with custom dog beds, according to the travel website TripAdvisor.
The site just released it's choices for the top 10 pet-...
| Sep 17, 2011
| 1:17 PM
The ideal summer vacation for Jen Grottenthaler typically involves a beach and "drinks with little umbrellas in them." Certainly more adventurous than her former college roommate, Sherry Insley has loved being around the water since the days she used to...