UCF will close up a four-game home stand on Saturday night against Southern Miss. Here is a collection of snippets this morning to get you ready for the weekend.
- Though UCF has beat Southern Miss just once in seven tries, Vegas bookies have UCF as 17-point favorites going into the game tomorrow night. The Knights were two touchdown favorites last week against East Carolina.
- The UCF captains Saturday are Latavius Murray and Jonathan Davis. Scout team players of the week are Mitchell Bourne and Mark Rucker.
- On his Thursday night radio call-in show, O'Leary said center Jordan Rae's injury last week was a "freak" knock to the peroneal nerve, which cause foot drop. Yes, I had to look it up, too.
"It hit there in the right spot and he had drop foot," O'Leary said on his Thursday call-in show. "It just wouldn't come up. ... so he came out."
O'Leary said Rae practiced all week and would be ready to go on Saturday.
- After Thursday practice, O'Leary told the Orlando Sentinel he was happy with how his team looked this week in preparation for the weekend.
"I thought they practiced well and I thought there were a lot of competitions at all positions," O'Leary said. "Show team did a good job trying to duplicate what Southern Miss does, so pretty happy with what went on."
- Tulsa pounded UTEP last night, 33-11. It was a statement win, and appears to plant the Golden Hurricane as favorites to play UCF in the conference championship game.
- StadiumJourney.com did a review of Bright House Networks Stadium. One alum's take and grades. Do you agree? Disagree?
Links from this week's opponent:
- Just four FBS programs remain winless, but Southern Miss still has plenty to play for this season.
- The Golden Eagles are looking for more big plays this week.
- USA Today's Dan Wolken examines the situation facing Southern Miss coach Ellis Johnson after an 0-5 start.