South Sumter safety Keanu Neal committed to Florida on Saturday night, becoming the sixth player to commit to the Gators during the second junior day event in Gainesville.
The 6-foot, 204-pound Neal, sent a text message confirming his intentions. He picked the Gators over offers from UCF, USF, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and South Carolina.
Neal just received his Florida offer on Monday and said he did not have a commitment timetable for his recruiting process. The trip on Saturday overwhelmed him enough, however, to pull the trigger.
- Crestview LB Dillan Lawson becomes 5th junior day commitment to Gators
- Pictures: Florida Gators vs. South Carolina
- Pictures: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores
- Pictures: Florida Gators vs. Georgia Bulldogs
- Pictures: 2013 Florida Gators fans, band and cheerleaders
- Pictures: Missouri Tigers 36, Florida Gators 17
See more photos »
Keanu later posted on his Facebook account, "On Monday, Neal said he was surprised at the phone call.
“Actually yes I was. Brian White called me up and then he handed the phone to Coach Will Muschamp,” Neal said. “It felt great to have a good school like that calling and offering me. Florida is on top right now.As a junior, Neal had 151 tackles (68 solo, 83 assists), four interceptions, one of which he returned 20 yards for a touchdown, as well as four forced fumbles, five pass deflections and one offensive touchdown as a goal-line fullback.