1. Cape Codder Resort & Spa, Hyannis, Mass. This Cape Cod resort is offering a post-Irene family vacation package that includes a discounted rate for a two-night stay as well as $60 in meal vouchers. Your crew will enjoy easy access to the beaches plus time in the indoor wave pool, the outdoor heated pool and access to a menu of scheduled children's activities. The Beach Plum Spa offers mother-daughter pedicures.
- Now available for FREE: Explore Florida travel magazine for iPad and iPhone
- Florida Travel Tips & Deals
- Florida travel calendar for April
- Florida Getaways of the Day
- Some of the best resort pools in Florida
- Photos: Greetings from Florida -- classic postcards
See more photos »
- Hotels and Accommodations
- Hotel and Accommodation Industry
- Personal Service
See more topics »
2. Bay Leaf Cottages, Lincolnville, Maine. Stay two nights and get two free lobsters as part of this well-situated inn's post-Irene package. Choose from kid-friendly cottages or motel rooms where you'll sleep in close proximity to Penobscot Bay. The region is known for its abundant outdoor activity that includes hiking, kayaking and biking. Nearby Camden offers trendy restaurants and boutique shopping in a picturesque seaside setting. Pet-friendly accommodations are also available.
Contact: 888-902-7929; http://www.bayleafcottages.com.
3. The Quechee Inn, Quechee, Vt. Steeped in history, this classic country inn, built in 1793, offers families the opportunity for hiking on wilderness trails, biking and fishing in a pristine environment. Once the snow falls, cross-country skiing, snow tubing and snowshoeing help the outdoor adventurer work up an appetite for dining in the cozy inn, now designated a National Historic Site. Col. Joseph Marsh, Vermont's first lieutenant governor, was the first to reside there. Ask about post-Irene specials.
Contact: 800-235-3133; http://www.quecheeinn.com.
4. The Sanderling Resort, Duck, N.C. Receive discounted rates and upgrades midweek through September with the Goodbye Irene package. Enjoy guided kayak tours, tennis, bike rides on the nature trails and time in the expansive spa. Visit the adjacent 3,400-acre Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary for reports on how resident double-breasted cormorants and sharp-shinned hawks fared during the hurricane.
Contact: 877-650-4812; http://www.thesanderling.com.
5. San Juan Marriott, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Families eager for an island holiday can also celebrate the resort's escape from serious storm damage with the Family Escape package. Youngsters receive a welcome gift, including treats like crayons and coloring books, a beach ball and sand bucket. In-room movies, ice cream and milk-and-cookie turn-downs provide a relaxing close to an active day. Family members 5 and younger dine at no charge in the La Vista Restaurant. Use promo code ZJ6.
Contact: 1-800-228-9290; http://www.marriottsanjuan.com.
Lynn O'Rourke Hayes is editor of FamilyTravel.com: lohayes@FamilyTravel.com