* There are 162 films showing, up from 150 last year.
The 18th annual Florida Film Festival
When: March 27-April 5.
Where: Enzian Theater, 1300 S. Orlando Ave. (U.S. 17-92) , Maitland; Regal Winter Park 20, 510 N. Orlando Ave. (U.S., 17-92) , Winter Park.
Cost: $10 for individual shows, with ticket packages and special events priced higher. Ticketing is now on site at the Enzian.
Call: 407-629-1088, ext. 225.
- Photos: See a gallery of images from the Florida Film Festival
- Bad boys of cinema Ken Russell, Barry Sandler will screen cult classic 'Crimes of Passion'
- Florida Film Festival
- Film Festivals
See more topics »
* Organizers have added a shorts showcase for the Italian Cinema Night on Monday, all Italian short films.
* Three BIG event evenings are included, with director Ken Russell and Barry Sandler showing their Crimes of Passion on its 25th anniversary and chatting about it afterward; Voight coming for a 40th anniversary showing of Midnight Cowboy; and Glenn Close taking questions after a showing of her most famous role, in Fatal Attraction (also sold out, but you can get on a waiting list at floridafilmfestival.com).
* This year's "Film, Food and Wine Celebration" is called "Temptation, Redemption & Indulgence" and features food-film feasts at fine restaurants in the area, evenings inspired by the movies The Godfather, A River Runs Through It and King Corn.
* Ticketing is now being handled on-site at the Enzian. So you can buy a ticket ($10 to most shows) and get in without having to make your purchase off-site or in advance.
* A tip: The best films and the biggest events often sell out. So visit OrlandoSentinel.com/fff to decide what to see, and do it early.
* Another tip: Get there early. The parking situation at the Enzian and Winter Park Village is catch-as-catch-can at film festival time.