1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
3. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery ($15)
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows ($14)
5. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan ($14.99)
6. The Shack by William P. Young ($14.99)
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger($14.95)
8. The Associate by John Grisham ($9.99)
9. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan ($7.99)
10. Push by Sapphire ($13)
1. Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher ($13.99)
2. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin ($15)
3. My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme ($15)
4. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell ($15.99)
5. The Family by Jeff Sharlet ($15.99)
6. The Official SAT Study Guide, 2nd Edition by the College Board ($21.99)
7. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle ($14)
8. The Old Farmer's Almanac 2010 by Old Farmer's Almanac ($6.95)
9. This Is Not How I Thought It Would Be by Kristin Maschka ($15)
10. Julie & Julia by Julie Powell ($14.99)
Rankings are based on a Times poll of Southland bookstores.
Los Angeles Times bestsellers for Oct. 18, 2009
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.