1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
3. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout ($14)
4. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery ($15)
5. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer ($10.99)
6. Push by Sapphire ($13)
7. The Private Patient by P. D. James ($15)
8. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows ($14)
9. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer ($10.99)
10. The Road by Cormac McCarthy ($14.95)
1. The Blind Side by Michael Lewis ($13.95)
2. L.A. Bizarro by Anthony Lovett and Matt Maranian ($19.95)
3. My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme ($15)
4. Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner ($15.99)
5. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin ($15)
6. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls ($15)
7. Our Choice by Al Gore ($26.99)
8. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell ($15.99)
9. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell ($14.99)
10. Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean by Edward Kritzler ($15)
Rankings are based on a Times poll of Southland bookstores.
Los Angeles Times bestsellers for Dec.13, 2009
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.