1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
3. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery ($15)
4. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows ($14)
6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger($14.95)
7. The Associate by John Grisham ($9.99)
8. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer ($10.99)
9. Push by Sapphire ($13)
10. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski ($16.99)
1. My Life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme ($15)
2. Julie & Julia by Julie Powell ($14.99)
3. Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher ($13.99)
4. The Official SAT Study Guide, 2nd Edition by the College Board ($21.99)
5. The Family by Jeff Sharlet ($15.99)
6. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls ($15)
7. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max ($15.95)
8. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin ($15)
9. Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
10. Night by Elie Wiesel ($9.95)
Rankings are based on a Times poll of Southland bookstores.
Los Angeles Times bestsellers for Oct. 11, 2009
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.