"We don't need no education...." The Pink Floyd chorus was a hint; Viktor & Rolf were going back to school with their spring 2014 collection shown Saturday at Paris Fashion Week.
The inspiration: Classic school uniforms.
Key pieces: Deconstructed navy blazers over culottes or pleated schoolgirl skirts. Twisted white shirt dresses with asymmetrical pleat details. Tailored pinstripe blazer, overcoat and crew neck sweater with safety pins and studs in plaid motifs. Sheer black sweater vest with badge and crest details.
- Paris Fashion Week spring/summer 2014: Viktor & Rolf
- Past and present collections from notable fashion houses
- More fashion week coverage
- Paris Fashion Week: Viktor & Rolf Menswear Spring / Summer 2011
- Paris Fashion Week: Viktor & Rolf Spring-Summer 2011
- Entertainment Events
- Fashion Shows
- Paris Fashion Week
See more topics »
The verdict: B-. Cute enough, but I expected more of a creative spark from the designers whose last collection, the fall 2013 couture shown in July, had models assuming the role of rocks in a Zen garden. None of this looked new.