We have compiled a list of relevant links and information as it pertains to winter storms. All links open in an external window.
- Driving tips for snow and ice (The Weather Channel)
- Tips on what to keep in your home, car, and shoveling tips for deeper snow MoDOT)
- How to keep your driveway clear (MoDOT)
- How does MoDOT decide which roads get plowed first? (MoDOT)
- Symptoms of hypothermia (Mayo Clinic)
- Symptoms of frostbite (Mayo Clinic)
- Weather tips for pets (Washington State University)
- Comprehensive winter weather page from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
- Southwest Missouri Regional Skywarn (Website / Live Audio)
- Other local scanner frequencies (Greene County Public Safety / Missouri State Highway Patrol / Springfield Police / Ozark-Nixa-Republic-Marshfield Fire)
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.