Chicken Fajita Tacos and Chicken Tortilla Soup
Make two meals with one set of ingredients. The Blue Bonnet has created a recipe that can work for both a chicken tortilla soup and chicken fajita tacos. Both meals can be made in just a few minutes and provide lots of nutrition for your family. Cook the chicken for both the soup and the tacos to use two nights in a row. Cut your bell peppers and onions at the same time and store in the refrigerator until needed.
1 pound chicken breast (sliced)
3 bell peppers--yellow, red and green (sliced)
½ yellow onion (sliced)
2 tomatoes (sliced)
Tortillas (flour or corn)
Salsa, pico de gallo or sour cream (optional)
1. Place 1 teaspoon canola oil into sauté pan and heat. Add sliced chicken and sprinkle with a pinch of garlic salt and pepper.
2. Cook chicken thoroughly.
3. Add sliced onion, peppers and tomatoes to the sauté pan and cook with the chicken.
4. Remove the vegetables and chicken before anything gets too soggy.
5. Place the chicken and vegetables into tortillas of your choice.
6. Garnish with salsa, pico de gallo or sour cream.