- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup(s) dried plain bread crumbs, plain or whole wheat, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg substitute and then in bread crumb mixture; turn to coat. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes, flip over and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, in a small bowl, combine salsa, mayonnaise and cilantro; stir well. Yields about 6 nuggets and 2 tablespoons of sauce per serving.
Creamy Mexican Dip:
- 1 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt, Greek-variety recommended
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free salsa, hot chipotle variety suggested
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- Garnish: 1/4 medium avocado, diced; 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped; 1 Tbsp uncooked red onion(s), chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and salsa until blended; stir in remaining ingredients except garnishes. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with garnishes. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
This dip combines all those favorite Mexican flavors like salsa, avocado and cilantro using fat-free Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
It also makes a wonderful topping for tacos or other Mexican foods — and then you don't have to set out separate bowls of salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and onion.