Beauty Expert Stacy Cox is here with beauty tips on what you can do in the airport or in flight to get you through the delays. For more information on Stacy, you can go to www.stacycox.com or follow her on twitter @stacycoxbeauty.
For more details on the tips featured in the segment, see the information below. We'd like to thank Air Hollywood for providing the aviation themed props for the segment. For more info, you can go to www.airhollywood.com or call 1.877.4.MOCKUPS.
WHY IS THIS A LIFESAVER?
Great to layer, has pockets, keeps you warm but in a pinch, you can SAVE $$ on a travel pillow, the vest or jacket up, and substitute them for a pillow substitute or light blanket so you can get a little shut eye while you wait.
2. Urban Aid Emergency Undies $10!
WHY IS THIS A LIFESAVER?
This thong rolls up tightly and will take up little space in your purse. It's always good to have a back-up pair of undies in case you're stranded and w/out your luggage. Spills, accidents and more can happen. Remember what your momma said
you are prepared!
3. Genesis Today Organic Pure Energy Shots, Find them at Whole Food Markets all over Los Angeles, http://superfoods.genesistoday.com/products/supplements/acai-energy-shot-supplement FIGHT THE URGE FOR A RED BULL...
At only 2 ounces per bottle & 35 calories, you can whisk this secret weapon right through airport security. They contain only natural caffeine from Guarana and tea leaf extract plus 150% of your daily value of Vit C & B, which offers several hours of sustained energy with no subsequent crash for a little extra metabolism boost while en route to your Turkey dinner.
4. www.TinyPrints.com Now you're stuck in the airport with hours to kill before you can board another flight so what's something productive you can do to pass the time. HOLIDAY CARDS! Rev up your computer and surf www.TinyPrints.com They can print each card with your approved holiday greeting/message, sign the card for you, seal and stamp it and mail all your holiday cards out in a jiffy.
5. Specific Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths, $6.99, Available at select Walmart, www.Target.com, www.Specificbeauty.com or www.drugstore.com
These dual-sided cleansing cloths are the perfect on-the-go beauty & lifestyle tool and can be used for the entire family in a pinch...all without the need to rinse with water. The fragrance, oil and alcohol free cloths contain a blend of aloe, green tea, and Vitamin E to soothe and calm the skin.
6. Secret Scent Expressions Body Splash $3 to $5 dollars www.secret.com available at drugstores everywhere Love these to stash in your travel bag to freshen body, hair, clothes, stinky shoes, dip cotton swabs in bottle, store in a zip lock & rub on pulse points when you need a mid day aromatherapy pick-me-up. And the best tip, use them to mist on airplane/airport seats to refresh from person who sat there last.
7. Olay Regenerist Anti Aging Eye Roller $21.99 www.olay.com Pen therapy! Bleary eyed post flight? Olay's roller ball that is the best because it's loaded with caffeine which helps instantly reduces the puff and soothes the "blear." Rethink the pen? Use it on your sinuses, temples to push trapped lymph fluid away from the center of face, AND get this...around ears to help them to clear & declog after landing!
8. Maxi Pads & Panty Liners (Yep) Keep a stash of pads in your travel bag for the unexpected emergency but if your feet are tired, line your shoes with a couple pads to add cushion & extra comfort. Also if your makeup has melted and smudged and your sundries are in your suitcase, tear open a pad, grab the cotton out, add some warm water & handsoap and you have the perfect makeup remover to touch yourself up.
9. Fast Facial...Think Yogurt! Yes to eat BUT First take a cup of hot, steaming water and a couple of napkins, cover your head, lean over the cup and steam your face to get the circulation going and open your pores! Then, apply the mixture of yogurt paired w/2 sugar packets to your face & neck. Do a little cleanse/scrub then leave on for 10 min before rinsing off. It helps eliminate dead skin & nourish new skin.
Stranded at Thanksgiving?? Beauty Tips to Get You Through The Delays - Stacy Cox
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.