Cut-A-Thon Honors Seal Beach Shooting Victims
Makeshift memorial placed outside Salon Meritage in Seal Beach (KTLA-TV / October 14, 2011)
- DONATE: Seal Beach Victim's Memorial Fund
- Suspect in Seal Beach Salon Rampage Pleads Not Guilty
- First Responder Describes Horrific Scene After Salon Massacre
- VIDEO: Funeral Services Held for Seal Beach Victim Michelle Fournier - Chip Yost reports
- Seal Beach Salon Shooting (2011)
See more topics »
Eight salons on Main Street participated in a cut-a-thon from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Organizers say all proceeds will go toward the families of the victims.
The Seal Beach Lion's Club will also held a silent auction.
Donations have been pouring in since the Oct. 12 shooting spree at the Salon Meritage that killed 8, including the salon's owner.
Hattie Stretz, 73, was also wounded in the shooting and has since been released from the hospital.
Shooter Scott Dekraai allegedly launched the attack over a custody battle with his wife, a hairdresser at the salon.
He is scheduled to be arraigned in a Orange County court on Nov. 29. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.
To donate money to a fund for the victims of the Seal Beach shooting, go to the Salon Meritage Memorial Fund at: http://www.salonmeritagefund.org/