PACOIMA, Calif. -- The second of two Southland urban search-and-rescue teams deployed to quake-ravaged Haiti is expected to begin its journey Friday.

Orange County fire authority is sending as many as 80 firefighters from their Urban Search and Rescue team to help with relief efforts, according to Greg McKeown with the Orange County Fire Authority.

California Urban Search and Rescue Task Force 5 was expected to depart from March Air Reserve Base in Riverside County early Thursday but was delayed as it awaited a military transport plane.

Task Force 5 is sponsored by the OCFA and is made up of two 31-person teams including paramedics, search dogs and communication specialists.

The Orange County team includes four trained rescue dogs and their handlers, McKeown said.

The team has roughly 55,000 pounds of prepackaged tools, medical equipment, food and supplies to remain self-sufficient for up to a week if necessary.

Task Force 5 is a mirror-image of a Los Angeles County Fire Department urban search and rescue team that departed Wednesday night from March Air Reserve Base.

They arrived in Port-au-Prince Thursday to aid in the recovery efforts following Tuesday's magnitude 7.0 earthquake.

California Task Force 2 is organized by the county Fire Department and includes 72 firefighters, paramedics, doctors, search dogs, heavy equipment specialists and engineers trained in rescues from collapsed structures.

Like the Orange County team, it brought with it 55,000 pounds of prepackaged search-and-rescue tools and medical equipment to conduct around the clock search and rescue operations.

The group also had enough food and water to be self-sustaining for two weeks, Fire Inspector Matt Levesque said.

"They don't want to be concerned with getting food and water or impacting whatever food and water is at the rescue site," he said.

The team has responded to many disasters including the 1994 Northridge earthquake and Hurricane Katrina.

Crews said they would await the results of reconnaissance to determine which areas were feasible to attempt rescues, and assess how controlled the situation was before going to work.

The airport at Port-au-Prince was reported to be usable, even though the control tower was damaged, officials said. By Thursday, the airport was scaling back flights and was low on fuel.