Gayle Anderson was live in Costa Mesa for "SURPRISE VALENTINE PROPOSAL / CUPID'S GONE WILD DAY#2", courtesy of Robbins Brothers, The Sky Room, Chuao Chocolatier, and Roy's Restaurant. Today, a young man SURPRISED his girlfriend with a proposal of marriage at Mon Amie Bridal Salon.
Ready to ask your beloved to marry you, but not sure how to pop the question? Robbins Brothers offers 10 suggestions for romantic ways to propose this Valentine's Day or any day.
2) A Rose Is NOT just a Rose: Purchase a perfect, single stem rose and place the engagement ring in the center. Kneel down and ask her to smell the rose.
3) Day at the Beach: Take her for a walk on the beach and draw a heart in the sand, and write "Will You Marry Me?" in the center. Write it ahead of time and fill the heart with candles and rose petals. Just make sure the tide is going out and not coming in.
4) Hotel Surprise: Plan a special vacation to a nice hotel. Replace the mint on the pillow with the diamond ring when she isn't looking. Be sure to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door so the maid doesn't come in and find the ring (can you imagine?!). Then spend the rest of your vacation "celebrating"
5) What's on the Menu?: Take her to a favorite restaurant and arrange (ahead of time) for the waiter to hand her a "special" menu. When she opens it, she'll read your proposal.
6) Your Magical Moment: Hire a magician to perform with the rabbits, the doves, the scarves and all the usual. As the last trick, he can make her engagement ring appear from behind her ears. It'll be a truly magic moment.
7) Love on the Chest: You may need a little help with this one. Shave the question into your chest hairs and surprise her at the door when she gets home from work. If you're not feeling that brave you can opt for the family picnic instead.
8 ) It's A Bird, It's A Plane!: If you have a talking bird or parrot, train it to say "Will You Marry Me?" Make a big show with the new words he has learnedat a romantic moment. Of course, keep in mind that the bird may give you away before you're ready.
9) An Engaging Public Affair: Propose at a sporting event or concert. Arrange to have your proposal broadcast over the public address system or displayed on the large screen. You could also contact the team's/performer's public relations department and try to make arrangements to have your proposal on the field or midcourt at halftime, or during an intermission.
10) Flash Mob Effect: Visit a local hot spot (great outdoor mall, amusement park, boardwalk, etc) and have a group of friends and family come walking towards you two wearing t-shirts that spell out "Will you marry me?" Then dance, dance, dance the night away!
With eight locations in Southern California and 4 in Texas, Robbins Brothers - "The Engagement Ring Store", offers affordable diamond engagement rings with the widest selection of modern, classic and vintage engagement rings and ring settings that are right for you. To find a location near you, visit www.robbinsbrothers.com
About The Sky Room
The prestigious Sky Room, located atop the historic Breakers of Long Beach
Hotel, is a preferred destination along the Pacific Coast for thousands of proposals, engagements, wedding receptions and nuptials. Since originally opening in 1926, The Sky Room has continued to draw an enthusiastic clientele of local guests, Hollywood celebrities, politicians and world-renowned personalities of the time.
For those interested in an ideal proposal setting or just a romantic night out, The Sky Room offers a 360-degree view overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the downtown Long Beach city skyline and features a menu of California-Eclectic cuisine by executive chef, Juan Carlos Olvera.
About Chuao Chocolatier
Chuao Chocolatier (pronounced chew-WOW) is the first Venezuelan Chocolatier based in the United States and Southern California's premier artisan chocolatier.
Founded in 2002 by Master Chef Michael Antonorsi and his brother Richard Antonorsi - the company's Chairman of the Board; Chuao Chocolatier is pioneering "fusion chocolate" through a commitment to creating unusual, unexpected and delicious flavors using their secret blend of premium chocolate and fresh natural ingredients. Chuao Chocolatier chocolate confections are available around the United States at fine specialty retailers including Whole Foods Market, Dean and Deluca, and Crate & Barrel as well as fine restaurants & hotels including Omni Hotels nationwide, La Costa Resort & Spa, Coupa Cafe, and Hard Rock Hotel. Southern California residents can purchase Chuau Chocaltier confections at any of three boutiques in the San Diego area. For more information, www.chuaochocolatier.com.
About Roy's Restaurant
In 1988, James Beard Award-winner Roy Yamaguchi opened the first Roy's in Honolulu, Hawaii. Designed around a unique experience through spacious dining rooms, an expansive lounge and Roy's signature exhibition kitchen in full view, the restaurant combined European techniques and Asian cuisine with Hawaiian hospitality to create a fine dining experience unlike any other. Today there are 31 Roy's locations around the world--23 in the continental U.S., six in Hawaii, one in Japan and one in Guam. For a location near you, www.roysrestaurant.com.
For more information:
1 (800) 295-1543