Celebrate Valentine's Day with Dinner for 2: Beef Fillets with Dried Cherry Steak Sauce
2 Beef Tenderloin Filets (6 to 8 ounces each), cut 1-inch thick*
1/4 cup Adams Reserve Rub or Sear n Crust
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 jar Star Chef Dried Cherry Steak Sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream, optional
1. Season filets on both sides with Adams Rub.
2. Heat a large skillet over Medium-High heat about 3 minutes; add butter and tilt skillet to coat. Add steaks or filets; cook 4 to 7 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Reduce heat to Medium, if necessary, to prevent over-browning. Remove steaks to a plate..
3. Pour steak sauce into same skillet with beef juices; stir, heat and add cream, if desired. Pour sauce over steaks and serve immediately.
Celebrate Valentine's Day with Scallops for 2: Spectacular Scallops
8 to 12 ounces of Large Sea Scallops (6 to 8 total scallops)
1 Tablespoon Ottavio Private Reserve EVOO; more as needed
2 to 3 teaspoons Adams Reserve Rub of your choice
1/2 cup Canyon Foods Garlic Essence Vinaigrette & Marinade, divided use
1. Rinse scallops and pat dry; then place them on a clean plate or work area. Drizzle half of vinaigrette over both sides of scallops; then sprinkle with rub.
2. Heat a medium to large skillet over Medium-High heat 3 minutes; add oil and tilt skillet to coat. Add scallops and cook 5 to 7 minutes total, turning as often as needed, until the color turns from clear to opaque (white). If skillet gets too dry, add more oil to skillet as needed.
3. Remove skillet from heat, drizzle scallops with remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Side Dishes for Valentine's Day Dinner: Truffle-Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Fresh Asparagus Spears
1 tub refrigerated Simply Mashed Potatoes, variety of your choice
1 teaspoon Adams Reserve Truffle Salt
*Heat potatoes according to package directions; stir in salt and serve.
12 ounces fresh asparagus spears, tough ends removed
1/4 cup Canyon Foods Garlic Essence Vinaigrette & Marinade
1. Place trimmed asparagus with garlic marinade in a large sealable plastic bag. Seal bag; toss to coat. Set aside 10 minutes.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over Medium-High heat 3 minutes. Sauté asparagus 5 or 6 minutes, until just crisp-tender.
A Special Dessert for Valentine's Day Dinner: Daringly Decadent Bananas Foster
1 carton HEB Creamy Creations Vanilla Ice Cream
2-3 Medium Bananas, peeled and quartered
1 cup Cookwell Bananas Foster Sauce
1 can Reddy Whip, Optional
1. Heat a medium sized skillet over Medium heat.
2. Pour Bananas Foster into skillet and add quartered bananas. Stir and heat until bananas are tender but not mushy then remove pan from heat.
3. Spoon ice cream into bowls, footed dessert dishes or stemmed martini or margarita glasses, for a more creative presentation. Spoon bananas and sauce over ice cream; top with whip cream, if desired, and serve immediately.