OFFICIAL RULES FOR
"Ultimate Summer Escape" Sweepstakes
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: In an alternative to text messaging, you can also enter online by going to 39online.com, click on the Contests tab, click on the Ultimate Summer Escape Contest button and submitting your name, age, address, telephone number, cell phone number, email address, and providing the correct keyword. Sponsors are not responsible for faulty Internet connections, unavailability of servers or any other technical malfunctions or for computer virus or damage caused to participant's computer by accessing Sweepstakes web site.
All entries must be received by 9:30 pm (CT) on Friday, July 30, 2010. Only one entry per person per day will be allowed. You cannot enter both online and by text messaging on the same day. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different identities or registrations will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. No electronic or mechanically reproduced entries and the use of automated or third-party software of website to enter are prohibited. Entries that do not include the correct keyword, or any other required information that is required will be disqualified. Only entries complying with the entry rules shall be counted in the Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for inability to complete call within specified time whether due to busy lines, disconnections, telephone malfunctions or other circumstances. Sponsors not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, or illegible. Entries become the property of KIAH and will not be returned. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for that weeks drawing. All text message entrants and on-line entrants will receive a bounce-back message with a Channel 39 promotional message.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one (1) winner selected each weekday of the Sweepstakes for a total of ten (10) winners. Each winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Sponsors will attempt to contact potential winners by telephone. Winners must acknowledge notification within twenty-four (24) hours of the first phone call by calling (713) 435-2800. Sponsors will be the sole and final judge of eligibility, winner verification and all other matters connected with the Sweepstakes. Winners must meet and agree to all eligibility requirements, terms and conditions mentioned in Official Rules. Winners will be awarded prizes upon verification of eligibility requirements. If a winner cannot be contacted or reached within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, declines the prize, or is deemed ineligible to participate, then he/she will be disqualified and Sponsors may choose an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries for that day.
4. PRIZES: Ten (10) winners will be chosen to each receive one (1) Ultimate Summer Escape Prize Pack. Approximate retail value ("ARV") is $30.00. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Winners may claim their prize at the KIAH Studio located at 7700 Westpark Dr. Houston, Texas 77063 between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm (CST) Monday through Friday. (Excluding all major Holidays) Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable and/or undeliverable for any reason in the sole and complete discretion of Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes. One prize per person or family. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Houston, Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and who possess a valid I.D.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KIAH-TV and Stay in Costa Rica ("Sponsors") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers, franchisees, are not eligible to win.
c. Any member of a household that has been awarded a prize in any other contest by Channel 39 in the past 30 days is ineligible.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Execution of Affidavit and Release: The prizewinners are required to sign and submit a release and waiver of liability. To claim the prize, the prizewinner will be required to provide picture proof of identification, which may include a driver's license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification.
b. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Sponsors and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in the event entrant is a winner.
c. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in this Sweepstakes.
7. SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS:
Official Rules are available at www.39online.com, or by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Ultimate Summer Escape, KIAH Channel 39, 7700 Westpark Drive, Houston, Texas 77063. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, after February 15, 2010, to Ultimate Summer Escape Winners List, at the same address.
Contest is sponsored by KIAH-TV and Stay in Costa Rica.
9. INTERNET: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant's computer from participation in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is canceled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Texas law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Ultimate Summer Escape Sweepstakes
« Previous Story More Topic pages Next Story »
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.