The Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday, February 6th and we've got some guilt-free recipes for your big party. Local chef Jill Sharpe from TheLakeKitchen.com shares her fantastic make ahead dishes.
Light 8 Layer Dip:
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- ¼ cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups re-fried beans, fat free
- 1 ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 3.8 oz can black olives, sliced
- 1 cup corn
- tortilla chips
1. You will need an 8 cup dish for the dip. Try to find a football shaped dish for a festive SuperBowl presentation.
2. In a small bowl mash together the avocado, onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin and a pinch or two of salt until there are very few lumps, set the guacamole aside.
3. In another small bowl mix together 1 ½ cups of sour cream and enchilada sauce, set aside
4. Begin layering the dip in the dish staring with 1 cup of refried beans on the bottom of the dish, and then spread salsa over the beans, then cheese, sour cream, black olives, corn, guacamole and finally top with the beans.
5. Place the remaining sour cream into the comer of a sandwich zip top bag, cut the very tip off of the corner, twist the top of the bag and pipe on a long horizontal line and 8 vertical lines to make the laces on the dip.
Guilt Free Touchdown Brownies:
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup fat- free plain yogurt
- 1 package brownie mix
- ¼ cup vanilla frosting
1. Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a 9x9 backing dish with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the coffee, vanilla, egg whites and yogurt.