A young man who became known as the "Barefoot Bandit" plead guilty to a number of charges Friday morning.

Friday afternoon, a judge sentenced him to serve 84 months in jail and pay his victims back for the damage he caused. 

While charges were still being read by 11 a.m. Friday morning, Colton Harris-Moore is expected to plead guilty Friday to about 30 Washington state charges stemming from a two-year crime spree in the U.S. and abroad that involved stolen boats, planes and automobiles.

The defendant, now 20, will appear in Island County Superior Court in Coupeville to face charges for crimes committed in three separate Washington counties -- Island, San Juan and Snohomish. His sentencing is set for 9 a.m.

He has already pleaded guilty to federal charges in Seattle and will be sentenced for those crimes early next year.

Harris-Moore was an unbelievable one-man burglary and theft crime wave. He stole boats and broke into businesses in eight states, Canada and the Bahamas. He was arrested after crash-landing a plane, which was stolen in Indiana, into a swamp in the Bahamas in July 2010.

He was dubbed the Barefoot Bandit for drawing giant footprints at the scene of some of the businesses he burglarized. Investigators also said he often committed his crimes while barefoot. He is believed to have taught himself to fly -- and then allegedly stole four planes.

Harris-Moore has signed a $1.3 million contract with 20th Century Fox Studios for a movie on his life -- the working title is "Taking Flight" -- and that his money from the film go to the many victims of his crimes. 

He has requested that the first compensation check be sent to the owner of Vernes Restaurant on Washington's Orcas Island, where he said he stole $18,000.

The first plane he stole was from a well-known Seattle radio host, Bob Rivers. Harris-Moore crashed that plane near Yakima.

“At one time I was pretty devastated,” Rivers said. 

“The people whose businesses were threatened multiple times and terrorized and had to sleep in their businesses waiting to be invaded again -- you can't compensate for that, I think,” Rivers said.

“I hope that some of the people who lost their businesses and some of the people who lost their peace of mind could be compensated,” said Harris-Moore’s attorney, John Henry Browne. “I’m not sure if all that is possible.”

In a statement written by Harris-Moore and directed toward his victims, he explained that the only reason he signed a movie deal was so that he can compensate his victims for all the damage he caused.

 “I am humbled to know I can now help the people I hurt, as least for the financial damage I caused them,” he wrote. “I have absolutely zero interest in profiting from any of this and I won’t make a dime off it. It all goes to restitution.”

Harris-Moore currently faces up to 10 years in prison.

The Whidbey News-Times reported Thursday that Island County officials were warning that the county's website might crash if too many people log on to watch Harris-Moore's sentencing hearing in Coupeville.

As a result, the company that runs the county's video-streaming service is encouraging people to go directly to the firm's website, www.avcaptureall.com, to watch the live stream.

The hearing was set to start at 9:30 a.m. (Pacific time) Friday.