| Dec 12, 2013
| 4:46 AM
DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti, the highest religious authority in the birthplace of Islam, has condemned suicide bombings as grave crimes, reiterating his stance in unusually strong language.
| Dec 9, 2013
| 11:42 AM
KUWAIT (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's dream of binding the Gulf Arab states into a union will get a skeptical hearing at a summit this week, with differences over Iran, Egypt and Syria demonstrating that the Gulf's absolute monarchs do not all speak with...
| Dec 6, 2013
| 9:06 AM
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The 193-member U.N. General Assembly elected Jordan to the U.N. Security Council on Friday to replace Saudi Arabia, which rejected its two-year term in protest at the council's failure to end the war in Syria and act on other...
| Dec 2, 2013
| 1:04 AM
* Iran wants to resume position above Iraq as OPEC's 2nd
* Saudi, Iraq raised output while sanctions cut Iran supply
* Iranian oil ministe Bijan Zanganeh returns to OPEC after
* OPEC expected to keep output cap at 30 mln bpd
| Dec 1, 2013
| 11:32 PM
* Upset Saudis hint at building ties with other powers
* But U.S. is only ally that can protect Saudi oil fields
* Pursuing nuclear weapons would bring isolation - analyst
* Riyadh working closely with Paris on Iran, Syria
By Angus McDowall