RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Singapore

A collection of news and information related to Singapore published by this site and its partners.

Top Singapore Articles

Displaying items 1-12
  • Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan on the seamy underbelly of Singapore

    Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan on the seamy underbelly of Singapore
    The former Baltimore journalist Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan is a fashionista who doubtless looks pulled-together even when she's sick in bed, a woman with a taste for Narciso Rodriguez gowns and Manolo Blahnik shoes. She also delights in fine food and wine...
  • Wedded: Hyerim Shin and Frank Glover

    Wedded: Hyerim Shin and Frank Glover
    Date: Jan. 18 Her story: Hyerim Shin, 26, was born and grew up in Gyeongju, South Korea. After graduating from college there, she moved to Singapore in 2011, where she got a job with DHL. She moved to the U.S. in November. Her parents, Kukhwan Shin...
  • Luca Filippi's rookie season continues with first street course

    Luca Filippi's rookie season continues with first street course
    Rookie Luca Filippi is getting a crash course in American street circuit racing. The 28-year-old native of Savigliano, Italy, will race on his first road course Sunday at the Grand Prix of Baltimore, but he has raced street circuits in international...
  • Atholton senior learns about sustainability in Singapore, Malaysia

    Atholton senior learns about sustainability in Singapore, Malaysia
    Valerie Cazeau loves to travel, but she had never been to Southeast Asia. That changed this summer, as the Atholton High School senior traveled to Singapore and Malaysia with a U.S. State Department-sponsored program to learn about sustainable development...
  • Former BSO assistant concertmaster Igor Yuzefovich takes Singapore post

    Former BSO assistant concertmaster Igor Yuzefovich takes Singapore post
    Now you see him, now you don't. At the start of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra's season, its former assistant concertmaster, Igor Yuzefovich, one of the ensemble's most dynamic players, was back onstage after a stint as concertmaster of the Hong...
  • Foreign midshipmen forge international ties

    Foreign midshipmen forge international ties
    Like her classmates at the U.S. Naval Academy, Midshipman 1st Class Dagmara Broniatowska learned how to salute, ran the endurance course and memorized the body of American military information, history and quotations known as the Rates. In her "four...
  • Singapore, a land without entitlements

    Singapore, a land without entitlements
    SINGAPORE -- While the U.S. unemployment rate "dropped" to 7.7 percent last month -- a figure even The Washington Post acknowledged was due "in large part because the labor force fell by 350,000" -- here in this modern and prosperous city-state of...
  • Singapore educators visit Lindale Middle School

    Though 99 percent of Singapore's students pass national exams, a delegation of the city-state's educators recently traveled the globe to Anne Arundel County schools to learn innovative ways to help the other 1 percent succeed. Five educators from the...
  • Howard County Arts Council exhibit travels the world

    Howard County Arts Council exhibit travels the world
    The "Resident Visual Artists Exhibit 2013" showcases artists who maintain studios at the Howard County Arts Council. They're making art at this Ellicott City facility, but their imaginations roam all over the place. A case in point is Mary Jo Tydlacka,...
  • U.S. cuts could lead to 'brain drain' in medicine

    U.S. cuts could lead to 'brain drain' in medicine
    Scientists at the nation's leading research institutions are warning that continued uncertainty over federal funding could lead to a brain drain that will undermine the country's global status in medicine. With funding at the National Institutes of...
  • 22 companies are listed for alleged Iran ties, sanctions

    The state Board of Public Works is expected to put 22 companies on notice Wednesday that they must show they are not investing in Iran's energy sector or be disqualified from doing business with the state. The companies are the first to be targeted under...
  • Restaurant review: Yum's Asian Bistro lives up to its name

    Restaurant review: Yum's Asian Bistro lives up to its name
    Every neighborhood in Baltimore seems to have at least one reliable spot for good Chinese food. But with its central location at Charles and 25th streets, and its hard-to-miss yellow-and-red signs, Yum's Asian Bistro feels like it belongs to the city...