Upcoming public government meetings
- Stanford City Council: 6:30 p.m. June 6 at L&N Depot
- Crab Orchard City Commission: 6:30 p.m. June 6 at Crab Orchard city hall
- Lincoln County Public Library Board: 12 p.m. June 10 at the Lincoln County Public Library
- Lincoln County Fire Protection District: 7 p.m. June 10 at Fire Station No. 2
- Lincoln County Board of Education: 6:30 p.m. June 13 at the Board of Education office
- Lincoln County Fiscal Court: 9 a.m. June 11 and June 25 at the Lincoln County Courthouse
- Crab Orchard City Commission (no action): 6 p.m. June 20 at Crab Orchard city hall
- Lincoln County Ambulance Board: 7 p.m. Monday, June 17 at the old Lincoln County courthouse
- Stanford Planning and Zoning: 6 p.m. June 27 at L&N Depot
- Lincoln County Board of Education (no action): 6:30 p.m. June 27 at the Board of Education office
Strawberry Production Mini Field Day
Strawberry Production Mini Field Day will be held Tuesday, June 11 at 6:30 p.m. at George and Susan Miller’s Farm, 760 KY Hwy. 78, Stanford. For more information, contact the L.C. Extension Office at (606) 365-2447.
Lincoln County Fair Horse Show
The Friday, June 14, Pleasure and Racking Horse Show has been postponed until Fall 2013. The Saturday, June 15, Walking Horse Show will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds.
Unveiling of Interpretative Station at Camp Dick Robinson
You are invited as we honor those brave men who served at Camp Dick Robinson at Kentucky’s most undeserved Civil War site. There will be an unveiling and dedication service at the Civil War Interpretative Station at Camp Dick Robinson on Monday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m. (rain dain, June 20 at 6:30 p.m.) The location is at the junction of US 27 and Ky 34 in northern Garrard County. Bring a lawn chair.
Dine with the Docs features Dr. Yanicko and “Ask the Doc”
Daniel R. Yanicko, Jr., M.D., orthopedic surgeon, will be the featured speaker at this month’s “Dine with the Docs” program on Tuesday, June 11, in the Conference Center at Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital on the basement level of the East Tower. Dr. Yanicko will provide answers to your orthopedic questions at his “Ask the Doc” program. A complimentary dinner will be provided by the hospital in Chatters Café at 5:30 p.m. EDT and the program will follow at 6:30 p.m. EDT. Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital and the Lake Cumberland Chapter of Senior Friends. For more information or to make required reservations, call (606) 678-3274.
Crab Orchard Celebration set for June 28 & 29
The Crab Orchard Celebration will be held Friday and Saturday, June 28-29. On Friday night we will have vendors, car cruise-in, beauty pageants, 3 on 3 basketball, street dance and fireworks. Saturday will start with a country ham breakfast, car show, 3 on 3 basketball and ending with the parade. If anyone would like to participant in any of the events, please contact City Hall, (606) 355-2319.
Business After Hours at Dix River Country Club