CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —Several Franklin County, Pa.-area organizations recently received grants from Summit Endowment to aid them in implementing or continuing programs to benefit the community.
Grants were awarded to:
- Interfaith Housing Alliance to continue its health and wellness program for those 55 and older, which focuses on management and prevention of diabetes and other chronic illnesses.
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit 12 Franklin County Literacy Council to begin a health-literacy program for English-language learners so they can improve their nutrition and navigate the health care system more effectively.
- Penn State Cooperative Extension to provide three series of Dining with Diabetes classes for individuals living with diabetes, or who are at risk for diabetes. A grant was also awarded to the Penn State Cooperative Extension to provide Vengan Aqui! Healthy Life with Diabetes workshop for English- and non-English-speaking residents.
- Penn State Mont Alto to provide support for two nursing faculty for the associate nursing degree program.
- Waynesboro Community & Human Services to expand its community nurse program to include uninsured, underinsured and low-income residents of Washington Township, Franklin County.
- Chambersburg Area Council for the Arts to continue its art program that is designed to improve quality of life and mental health for senior residents of United Towers.
- The Kidney Foundation of Central PA to establish a free kidney disease screening for those at risk of developing kidney disease.
- UCP of South Central PA to expand Peach Tree Preschool to grow the inclusive kindergarten readiness program for typically developing children and children ages 4 and 5 with special needs.
The endowment’s mission is to identify and address community health needs and to encourage nonprofit organizations’ programs and activities to measurably improve the health of people in the area.
To apply for a Summit Endowment grant, contact Ann Spottswood, Summit Endowment manager, at 717-267-4861 or by email at email@example.com.